[AccessD] Focus going to Windows explorer when Acccess form closes

Doug Murphy dw-murphy at cox.net
Wed Jun 22 17:33:02 CDT 2011

Folks,

This is why I love Microsoft Products. I have a client with an Access
database. He asked for some additional functionality so I added a form to
collect Customer information notes. He has Access 2010 running on Windows 7,
same as my setup. The Customer information form allows input of notes and
transactions. It is opened from the main Customer form by clicking a button.
The Customer information form is an Access split form (new to Access 2007
and 10, where you can edit the record in the top of the form and see a
record list in the bottom. I like them for some purposes.). The Customer
Information form opens as a popup dialog so the focus stays on the form
until it is closed. I should say the forms open as individual forms and do
not open in the Access 2007/2010 tab view. The interesting thing with this
is that if Windows explorer is open on the computer when the Customer
Information form is closed the focus moves to the Windows Explorer screen.
Access is still running in the background so you can move back to it. If
Windows Explorer is not open or is minimized then Access retains focus.
Bizar! It works the same on my computer.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?