[AccessD] Ribbons

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Tue Jun 7 12:05:10 CDT 2011

acToolBarNo = 2 in Access 2002 as well.

Lambert

-----Original Message-----
From: accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com [mailto:accessd-bounces at databaseadvisors.com] On Behalf Of William Benson (VBACreations.Com)
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 12:39 PM
To: 'Access Developers discussion and problem solving'
Subject: Re: [AccessD] Ribbons

Tony,

First, most times I see version tested, it is with the Val() function wrapping it. I don't think it is required, but someone must have been burned somewhere so I would use it I guess. Made no difference on my machine running Access 2010.

If val(SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessVer)) >= 12 Then
	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon",  _
	acToolbarNo
end if

You could try using the number 2 instead of acToolbarNo in case that intrinsic constant is known only to 2010 (which I cannot test - someone else can weight in here)

acToolbarYes = 0
acToolbarNo = 2

I put this in the OnOpen of my Main form and sent it to a friend to test (as I don't have Access2007).  It didn't work the ribbon still appears, is there something else I need to turn off???

If SysCmd(acSysCmdAccessVer) >= 12 Then
	DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Ribbon", acToolbarNo endif

Thanks