[AccessD] OT: Shopping for a new comp

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Sat Jun 11 10:18:18 CDT 2011

Hi Rocky,

Are you going to buy components and assemble them?  Or are you looking for
an OEM box?

Are you using XP Mode (Virtual PC) on Windows 7?  If so, I found that 6 Gb
Ram was needed to not max out Ram usage when it opened.

If you can get a PC with a SSD for your system and apps (128 Gb), and a good
standard HD for data storage (500 Gb), that's a great compromise considering
the cost of an SSD.  The SSD will be the item that causes most of the
improved performance.

If you're looking to build a box I can give you a list of components.

Dan