[AccessD] Refreshing open forms when something changes

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jun 22 18:01:29 CDT 2011

Which implies that you don't bother using forms in Access since you can't inherit them?

A tool is a tool.  It does what it does and we use it as it allows.  Classes do what they do and you
can use them as they are intended or not.  You stridently claim classes are not worth using because
you can't inherit them, and yet you quietly use all the other non-inheritable objects in Access,
hoping nobody notices.

Classes are just a tool and I am a much better programmer being able to use them where it makes
sense, and I can accomplish specific very useful things quite easily using them which would be
difficult otherwise.

Arthur, as I said before, I also program in C#.  I have written hundreds of classes and inherited a
handful.  I raise and sink events, I encapsulate code and data.  I do all the same things in Access
classes.  There are no doubt cases where inheritance would be useful in Access but it certainly is
*not* in anything close to every place I need to use a class.