[AccessD] Access 2007 Form Colors question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Sun Jun 26 14:52:52 CDT 2011

2003 help:
<quote>
About using a template to create a form or report
When you create a form or report without using a wizard, Microsoft Access uses a template
to define the default characteristics of the form or report.

The template determines which sections a form or report will have and defines each section's
dimensions. The template also contains all the default property settings for the form or report
and its sections and controls. However, a template doesn't create controls on a new form or
report.

The default templates for forms and reports are called Normal. However, you can use any
existing form or report as a template. You can also create a form or report to use only as a
template. Changing the template doesn't have any effect on existing forms or reports.

Microsoft Access saves the settings for the Form Template and Report Template options in
your Microsoft Access workgroup information file, not in your Microsoft Access database (the
.mdb file) or Microsoft Access project (the .adp file). When you change an option setting, the
change applies to any Access database or Access project you open or create.

If your templates are not in an Access database or Access project, Microsoft Access uses
the Normal template for any new forms and reports you create. However, the names of your
templates appear in the Form Template and Report Template options in every Access
database or Access project in your database system, even if the templates are not in every
Access database or Access project.
</quote>