[AccessD] Pulling Data from Excel into Access with "Automation"

Brad Marks BradM at blackforestltd.com
Thu Jun 30 13:57:48 CDT 2011

All,

I have started to experiment with pushing data from Access to Excel via
"Office Automation".  So far, these tests have gone nicely.

Now, I would like to experiment with pulling data from Excel.  I know
that it is easy to simply link to an Excel file and obtain the Excel
data.  However, I would like to know if it is also possible to pull data
from Excel with Automation.  For example, let's say that I have an
existing Excel spreadsheet and I simply want to obtain the contents of
only cell "D4" and pull it into Access.  Is this possible?

Thanks,

Brad