[AccessD] Outlook Calendars (a bit OT)

Rocky Smolin rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Wed Mar 23 12:11:15 CDT 2011

Dear List:

I have a client who recently installed a server and they added a shared
calendar to their Outlook (Firm calendar) which is on the server.  So
everyone has access to the Firm calendar and their local calendar on their
own comp.

The problem is that they can set alerts for their local calendar but not for
the shared calendar.  Outlook tells them when they add a item to the Firm
calendar that they cannot set alerts because "the item is not in a folder
that supports reminders".  Sometimes they get a second notice that the Firm
calendar is not the primary calendar so the responses will not be tallied.

They would like to be able to set alerts for both calendars.  Can this be
done?  If not they would like alerts for the Firm calendar.

But I'm no good with Outlook.  Any guidance on this?

MTIA

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334