[AccessD] Access and SQL Server

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Mon Mar 7 10:12:41 CST 2011

Hi Gustav, Jim and All --

<<<
No considerations: Is this a tiny table? Or a lookup table only? Or?.
Just do it, add the Id, and move on.

Yes.

As for performance issues for millions of rows as you Jim noted -  some very
small performance loss on inserting a row can be neglected.
Jim, let me suppose this my answer will be also an answer on two your other
today's postings here addressed to me?

2All: for the case of surrogate PK and a natural (compound) alternate key -
which one will you make based on a clustered index and which one - based on
non-clustered and why?

Thank you.

--
Shamil