[AccessD] Can't update view

Asger Blond ab-mi at post3.tele.dk
Tue Mar 8 17:29:39 CST 2011

David,
Looks like that you have a "broken ownership chain".
If the owner of the table is the same as the owner of the view then you can give privileges to the view without having to give privileges to the table.
If however the table has an owner different from the owner of the view then the "ownership chain" is "broken" and you have to give explicit privileges on the table itself.
That's why it's best practice use the same owner (normally dbo) for all objects in the database.
Did you check the owner of the table and the view? You can do this in Sql Server Management Studio using this command in a query window:
EXEC SP_HELP 'name of table or view'

Asger