[AccessD] using a visual studio created dll on a windows 7 machineand access 2010

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at smsconsulting.spb.ru
Thu Mar 10 16:58:07 CST 2011

Hi Doug --

Is your MS Windows 7 PC a 32bit or 64bit one?

What RegAsm command line format did you use?
Something like that:

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe MyDotNetUtils.dll
/tlb:MyDotNetUtils.tlb /codebase /nologo /silent

?

What's the use of custom DLLs put into c:\windows\system32 folder?

I do use custom folder c:\MyPrograms for my customers - it works well - used
.NET "COM-visible" DLL/typelib with VB6 front-end application as well as
with MS Access 2003 and 2007 front-end applications.

Thank you.

--
Shamil