[AccessD] Access 2003 database in Access 2007

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Mar 10 17:46:49 CST 2011

I use a more generic Function where you pass the property type as well:

SetProperty "AllowBypassKey", dbBoolean, False

Public Function SetProperty(strPropName As String, _
                              varPropType As Variant, varPropValue As Variant) As Long
    On Error GoTo Err_SetProperty
    Dim db As DAO.Database, prp As DAO.Property
    Set db = CurrentDb
    db.Properties(strPropName) = varPropValue
    SetProperty = True
    Set db = Nothing
Exit_SetProperty:
    Exit Function
Err_SetProperty:
    If Err = 3270 Then        'Property not found
        Set prp = db.CreateProperty(strPropName, varPropType, varPropValue)
        db.Properties.Append prp
        Resume Next
    Else
        SetProperty = False
        MsgBox "SetProperties", Err.Number, Err.Description
        Resume Exit_SetProperty
    End If
End Function