[AccessD] SQL Server - Append records without fail

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Mon May 2 15:27:21 CDT 2011

In access you can append records into a table and if a given record fails, the rest go in.  I use
that as a quick and dirty filter sometimes when (for example) appending records from one place to
another.

AFAICT SQL Server will not append any of the records if any single record fails to append, which has
always seemed strange to me.  It's almost like an unrequested rollback.

Is there any way to make SQL Server accept the appends that will go in and only reject the ones that
will not for some reason?