[AccessD] Urgenet need re new printer (2007)

Kathryn At Gwen's kathrynatgwens at socal.rr.com
Thu May 5 15:10:27 CDT 2011

Making progress. It looks like I will ultimately have to take care of things
one report at a time, but that's doable. I can get the printer and the
orientation to stick. That issue turned out to be that I have to save the
report itself. Saving the database doesn't save the change in the report.

However, there is still something wrong. Instead of printing this:

-----------------------|
Return                 |
            Addressee  |
-----------------------|

It's eliminating the Return address and printing the Addressee at the top of
the envelope like this:

-----------------------|
            Addressee  |

-----------------------|

I didn't change anything on the layout itself, so don't know why that's
happening. The only difference in the way the envelope goes in the printer
is that it goes in the tray this way

-------------|
\            |
 \           |
  \          |
   \         |
   /         |
  /          |
 /           |
/            |
-------------|

Instead of this way

-------------|
            /|
           / |
          /  |
         /   |
         \   |
          \  |
           \ |
            \|
-------------|

On OT, John B suggested "Personally, since it's just a standard #10 envelope
report, I'd just start over and create a new report to work with any
printer". But I can't figure out how to make a new report based on a
standard envelope. Haven't found a place to say "make a report based on
#10". I always have to set the sizes of the page by dragging the margins,
etc and futz around with it. How do you do it? I'd love to have a quick/easy
way to do it, especially since I not only have the #10's but some A9's and
A8's as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Envelope#North_American_sizes

--
Kathryn Bassett