[AccessD] Need Some help

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Mon May 9 15:47:51 CDT 2011

Hi Steve

If so, these functions may be useful for you:

Public Function DateWeekFirst( _
  ByVal datDate As Date, _
  Optional ByVal lngFirstDayOfWeek As Long = vbUseSystemDayOfWeek) _
  As Date

' Returns the first date of the week of datDate.
' lngFirstDayOfWeek defines the first weekday of the week.
' 2000-09-07. Cactus Data ApS.
' 2003-05-01. System settings used as default.

  ' No special error handling.
  On Error Resume Next

  ' Validate lngFirstDayOfWeek.
  Select Case lngFirstDayOfWeek
    Case _
      vbMonday, _
      vbTuesday, _
      vbWednesday, _
      vbThursday, _
      vbFriday, _
      vbSaturday, _
      vbSunday, _
      vbUseSystemDayOfWeek
    Case Else
      lngFirstDayOfWeek = vbUseSystemDayOfWeek
  End Select

  DateWeekFirst = DateAdd("d", vbSunday - Weekday(datDate, lngFirstDayOfWeek), datDate)

End Function

Public Function DateWeekLast( _
  ByVal datDate As Date, _
  Optional ByVal lngFirstDayOfWeek As Long = vbUseSystemDayOfWeek) _
  As Date

' Returns the last date of the week of datDate.
' lngFirstDayOfWeek defines the first weekday of the week.
' 2000-09-07. Cactus Data ApS.
' 2003-05-01. System settings used as default.

  ' No special error handling.
  On Error Resume Next

  ' Validate lngFirstDayOfWeek.
  Select Case lngFirstDayOfWeek
    Case _
      vbMonday, _
      vbTuesday, _
      vbWednesday, _
      vbThursday, _
      vbFriday, _
      vbSaturday, _
      vbSunday, _
      vbUseSystemDayOfWeek
    Case Else
      lngFirstDayOfWeek = vbUseSystemDayOfWeek
  End Select

  DateWeekLast = DateAdd("d", vbSaturday - Weekday(datDate, lngFirstDayOfWeek), datDate)

End Function

/gustav

>>> sturner at mseco.com 09-05-2011 20:31 >>>
Got what I needed from  a dlookup. Syntax is a problem. One comma or
quote can mess up the whole thing. What I'm doing is fixing some code
where we have to know the Month Start Date and Month End Date to run
reports. Like March of this year started in February and ended in April.
Our time is by the week and ends on Fridays. The guy that wrote the
original code had all the dates in the code and each year we had to go
change the code and add the next year. I though a table with the dates
would be eaiser to pull from and write to. I can pull the dates from the
accounting system with code and write to the table each year. I was
fixing some other code for monthly dates and wanted to fix this also.
Hopefully what I got will do the trick now.

Steve A. Turner
Controller
Mid-South Engineering Co. Inc
E-Mail: sturner at mseco.com and saturner at mseco.com