[AccessD] another tab control issue

A.D. Tejpal adtp at airtelmail.in
Mon May 16 23:29:53 CDT 2011

Carolyn,

    Amongst various alternatives, my sample db named Form_Resize (in access 2003 file format, reference: DAO 3.6), might be of interest to you It is available at Rogers Access Library. Link:
http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=45

    Apart from automatic resizing to suit current screen resolution, the sample offers custom resizing (up or down in steps of 5 percent) of any given form, if so desired by the user, with the option to freeze the custom size so that thereafter the form opens to custom size (over-riding the size dictated by actual resolution). At any stage the behavior can be reset to normal (i.e. automatic resizing to suit current resolution).

    Resizing is effected through a self contained class. Six styles of demo forms are included in the sample as follows:
    (a) Simple controls - all free to float and resize.
    (b) Simple controls - with certain controls having tag property settings for locking their position and / or size.
    (c) Combo box and list box.
    (d) Nested subforms - Continuous.
    (e) Nested subforms - Datasheet.
    (f) Tab control having (i) Nested subforms and (ii) Option group. Also - an option group directly on the form.

    Note:
    ------
    (a) The sample db has also been tested successfully on Access 2010. Resize behavior of tab controls on access 2010 is found to be different from that in access 2003 and the resize class in sample db duly caters for this peculiarity.
    (b) It is observed that use of Times New Roman font provides most pleasing results.

Best wishes,
A.D. Tejpal