[AccessD] Outlook automation from Access/Word -- reader question

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Fri May 20 16:07:36 CDT 2011

I've never come across a hard limit in a mail client.  The most likely cause of an apparent
freeze would be long delays in the time it takes for the SMTP server to deal with a large list of
addresses and respond to the email client.   The client could appear to hang while waiting for
the resoponse.

The primary limit will generally be the rules implemented by the SMTP server you are
sending through. Often  ISPs set their public servers' limits at 50 - 100.

Exchange Server has a parameter msExchSmtpMaxRecipients which can be set by
administrators. MS in their wisdom set it by default to 64,000 !