[AccessD] Setting up a test VM

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Sat May 21 12:33:50 CDT 2011

John, with your current setup I think it will be difficult to be
"isolated" as you will always be part of 192.168.1.x.  Since you are using
a VM then the VM is part of the phsical machine by way of a virtual
network.

One way (maybe) to partially isolate your VM is to sub-net but that would
mean sub-netting your physical machine also as your VM is using a virtual
network.

Another way (maybe) is to get another router and run it parallel to your
current router and then connect your physical machine.  Make sure you
configure the second router router as 192.168.2.x.

Mike