[AccessD] Access Lockdown

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Sun May 22 08:08:05 CDT 2011

Bill,

 > I guess I didn't make it clear

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826765

Which is fascinating because notice that it specifically says you are ADDING that property to the
database.  When I executed the following:

?CurrentProject.Properties("AllowBypassKey")

in a database where I had not done that, it came back with an error (property not found).

After doing this:

CurrentProject.Properties.Add "AllowBypassKey", False

and *then* doing this:

?CurrentProject.Properties("AllowBypassKey")

it came back 0.

Which tells me that the AllowBypass property doesn't exist unless you make it.

Even then however it doesn't prevent my database from opening bypassed.

Hmmm...