[AccessD] 2 quick questions

Robert Stewart rls at WeBeDb.com
Fri May 27 15:02:38 CDT 2011

Primary Key = Nothing a user can use for anything and is totally not
dependant on data. For db system use only

Business Key = Something within the data that is unique and can be
used by a user for identification.

Business Keys can be one or more fields, when more than one, it is a
Composite Business Key.

Remember the above and you will not have any issues.

Example:

tlkp_NameSuffix
NameSuffixID   Autonumber
NameSuffix      Text(30)

NameSuffixID is the primary key
NameSuffix is the business key, and has a unique index on it.

Robert L. Stewart
www.WeBeDb.com
www.DBGUIDesign.com
www.RLStewartPhotography.com