[AccessD] Text field not editable, weird issue

David McAfee davidmcafee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 10:56:19 CDT 2011

I tried all of that, I even put debug.print statements in all of the
control events and in various subs that were being called.

I found that the condition would occur when the path was taken along the
first half of the IF statement.

I was able to replicate this problem on another computer using A2003.

I changed the code to open a recordset, rather than selecting a row in the
listbox and
reading values from hidden columns and it now works. Looks like a bug in
2003 that
was fixed in 2007.

This code works:

 DoCmd.SetWarnings False
   Me.lstModelSumm.RowSource = "EXEC dbo.stpSelectTempMach 0"
   Me.lstPoResults.RowSource = "EXEC dbo.stpPurchasedMachinesByPO '" &
Me.txtTranNo & "'"
 DoCmd.SetWarnings True

Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New ADODB.Recordset
'Call the stored procedure, passing it the parameter, returning recordset rs
CurrentProject.Connection.stpPurchasedMachinesByPO IIf(Nz(Me.txtTranNo, "")
= "", 0, Me.txtTranNo), rs
'Fill in the fields from the returned recordset
If Not rs.BOF And Not rs.EOF Then
     'code below is the same as sub: PopulateFields
    Me.txtVendorCode = RTrim(Nz(rs![vendor_code], ""))
    Me.txtVendorName = Nz(rs![vendor_name], "")
    Me.txtTranDate = rs![po_date]
    Me.txtPoStatus = Nz(rs![po_status], "")
    Me.txtQty = Nz(rs![Qty], 0)
    Me.txtCostBasis = Nz(rs![CostBasis], 0)
    Me.txtModel = RTrim(Nz(rs![ItemNo], ""))
    Me.txtModelID = Nz(rs![ModelID], "")
    Me.cboLocationKey = CInt(Nz(rs![LocKeyID], "0"))
    Call cboLocationKey_Change
    Me.lstModelSumm.RowSource = "EXEC dbo.stpSelectTempMach 1"
    Me.cmdEnterSN.Enabled = CanAddAnotherMachine()

Else
    'No records were returned for given tran no
    MsgBox "The PO number  you entered did not return any records",
vbOKOnly, "Invalid PO"
    Call ClearEntryFields
End If
rs.Close