[AccessD] Connecting to SQL using Data Properties

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Nov 22 14:35:58 CST 2011

I have an ADP in Access which I put on a Client's network then link
to their server using the Data Link Properties:

If I log in using another user's login I can see all the databases in
the "Select the Database on the Server" dropdown and connect to the
database I want.

On a profile that has been set up for me all I see in the "Select the
Database on the Server" dropdown is master, model, msdb and
tempdb.  I do not see any of the other databases on the server.  I
can link to these and the Test Connection is successful.  However the
database I want is not one of these.

My initial thought is that I don't have permissions in SQL Server.  I
checked for the database I want and I have even set all database role
memberships except denydatareader and denydatawriter in User
Mapping.  In the Server Rolls screen I have ticked all rolls.  Status
shows I have permission to connect granted and login enabled.  Still
the database doesn't appear in the "Select the Database on the
Server" dropdown.

Any suggestions?

Regards

David Emerson