[AccessD] Windows can be so much fun

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 13:43:12 CDT 2011

<<As an example I built two "servers" back in 2004 for handling the SQL
Server database client.  The
technology I could afford at the time was AMD 3800 (single core), 4 gigs
RAM, Windows 2003 X32 and
SQL Server 2000 X32.  From there I upgraded the processor to dual core.  I
then replaced the
motherboard and moved to a quad core, upgraded to Windows 2003 X64 and
upgraded my memory to 8 gigs.
  Then I upgraded to 16 gigs.  Last year I built an entirely new system with
a dual socket AMD with
only one 8 core processor (one socket populated) and 16 gigs of memory.
Then 32 gigs of memory.
Then populated the other socket with another 8 core chip and 32 gigs of
memory.>>

  Man, licensing costs must be killing you...

Jim.