[AccessD] OT: "I feel your pain, man!" or "Programmers are most effective when they avoid writing code..."

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 18 11:30:48 CST 2011

Very interesting stuff Shamil.

It is always hard when you have to justify a bill when you have just gone on
site, looked at few things and then made a couple of small adjustments and
now everything is working.

The clients like to see more concern and effort and sometimes fixed
something fast can be bad for you as a programmer.

This of course why I like a flat rate type insurance-policy support
contracts. Sometimes you are not paid for what you do but if you do it
right, in the first place, it can go for months with little more than a
status report and an invoice.

Jim