[AccessD] Office 365 - custom development using Excel Calculation Services (ECS) and Word Automation Services (WAS)

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Nov 20 18:48:51 CST 2011

Thanks Stuart.

Yeah, I forget how global this list is and how sometimes pithy little shortcuts get lost in translation.  Sorry, my fault.  Just for the record, Oz = Australia.  Probably as a lot of folks call it "Oz_Trail_ya" or similar.

Office 365 in Australia is support and delivered through Telstra - which is the major phone company in this country (We have others, but Telstra is the 9000 pound Gorilla of the industry).  In the past their customer service has been less than stellar, but under their new CEO their focus on customer services has been greatly enhanced.

In short, I had a few issues getting O365 set up correctly and they fixed them all swiftly and accurately.  I was impressed.  I guess I wanted to point out that your experience might be totally different as anyone based outside of Australia will have a different support setup.

I would recommend O365 though, it has really made a big difference to a couple of small business I know and how they manage their documents, data and communications - already saved one of them a stack load of time and issues.  Great stuff.  There is value there for some folks at least.

Cheers
Darryl