[AccessD] Connecting to SQL using Data Properties

David Emerson newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Tue Nov 22 18:30:09 CST 2011

At 23/11/2011, David McAfee wrote:
>You can view everything from SSMS logged in as the troubled login?

Sorry my mistake.  I can log into the machine which has SQL server as
administrator and make changes.  I cannot as the user profile.

> From Access 2007, which is what I have in front of me at the moment, I can
>click on the Office button.
> From there, if I click on Server->Connection, I can choose any server and
>then any database on that
>chosen server (that I have access to). Is this where you are not seeing
>everything logged in as the troubled user?

Yes - this is where the problem is.   If I log in using another
user's login I can see all the databases in the "Select the Database
on the Server" dropdown and connect to the database I want.