[AccessD] Cannot open adp in Access 2010

newsgrps newsgrps at dalyn.co.nz
Mon Oct 31 18:00:50 CDT 2011

I have a number of ADP's created in Access 2002. They open fine in Access 2002.

When I try to open them in a recently installed version of Access
2010 (installed on the same machine) the screen flashes and then
returns to the File menu where I was trying to open the database
from. The file has not opened.

I can create a new ADP from Access 2010 and link to either my SQL
2000 or SQL 2008R2 databases. All the SQL objects appear in the
navigation pane. If I close the new ADP and try to open it I get the
same problem as above. However, I can open the newly created ADP's in
Access 2002!

The problem was happening before I installed Office SP1, and still
persists after installing it.

Does anyone else with multiple versions of access have the same problem?

Regards

David Emerson
Dalyn Software Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand