[AccessD] Object or class does not support the set of events

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 09:35:29 CDT 2011

I have no solutions for you. But IIRC, you're the guy with RAM and SSHDs to
die for, so why aren't you using all your spiffy hardware and software to
create some VMs and do this in-situ, as it were? And further, why don't you
have one box dedicated to "meat and potatoes", and everything else located
elsewhere?

My close friend Peter Simpson has a pretty cool hardware setup which I envy.
I cannot describe the HW details but the essence is this. He has five or six
boxes and one keyboard and monitor and mouse, and by flicking a switch, he
suddenly moves from Box 1 to Box 2 etc. One box runs Win7, another wXP,
another Ubuntu, another RedHat, and yet another Solaris.

Someday soon I shall waterboard him for all the details on how to set this
up, but at the moment it's a total mystery to me. I just watch him press
some magic keystrokes and then suddenly he's in another box, and I don't
mean VM, I mean another physical box.

I feel that I can no longer keep up with the rapidly-changing technology. I
think I'm too old for this career-path. China plans to overtake USA in
space-launches. Good thing I'm learning Mandarin (and am actually getting
pretty adept; well no, let's settle for "I have the basics", and Cantonese
is a way tougher nut to crack, but I'm working on it).

A.