[AccessD] 2001 Error - You cancelled the previous operation - THE FINAL WORD

Mark Simms marksimms at verizon.net
Mon Oct 3 15:47:45 CDT 2011

> All in all: It was definitely a bug.....tested in AC2010 - orig
> release,
> using a SplitForm.
> I'll bet it's still in AC2007-SP2.

What a story!! Ported the FE and BE to AC2007. However, I had a use a HEX
EDITOR to make the 2010 BE compatible with AC2007. This is well documented:
http://www.utteraccess.com/forum/print.html&client=printer&f=54&t=1948489
BTW: I used Winhex - greatly recommended.

Strangely, on my first test in AC2007, I initially was getting a DIFFERENT
ERROR MESSAGE.
One related to disabling a control that had the focus.
My GUI is complex and so that is a typical overlooked situation.
I fixed that problem and of course the rest is history:
No more 2001 errors - that was bogus. No need for Requery.

Problem was totally and completely in AC2010 - an error condition occurred
that was not trapped by "ON ERROR..."
THAT'S IT. I cannot imagine what OTHER situations I am going to encounter in
2010. This could be scary.