[AccessD] OT - John Colby - volunteer work with Prisons - Minnesota Public Radio program

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 10:10:51 CDT 2011

I think that you are onto something here, JWC. And I am seriously unsure of
the consequences that I draw, but here they are:

1. Political parties of whatever stripe are by definition attacks on popular
opinion. I don't see any other way to see this. Let us for example take a
hypothetical voter who is against abortion and also against religious
instruction in public schools. No party represents this theoretical person.
The inevitable result is that I choose the party that shares the most number
of values and propositions with me, and that SUCKS.

Tomorrow is Election Day in Ontario, and various polls indicate that either
the Libs or the Cons are slated to have a minority win, and in either case
that means that my party, the NDP, is going to hold the balance of power.