[AccessD] See you in space!

William Benson (VBACreations.Com) vbacreations at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 11:18:33 CDT 2011

Good reward for the lucky someone. For sure it won't be a beauty contest or
a popularity contest as most such are.

Ha Ha Ha

I take slight issue with the thought expressed "It's the humble DBA who
makes it happen - the Master of Data who enables medical records to be
summoned in the blink of an eye, keeps transport running smoothly, manages
the data beneath the electrical grid for billions of people and provides
instant access to news, music, phone calls, money and an endless supply of
entertainment."

I think there are a lot of roles involved... I don't mind recognizing DBAs
for their part, but good luck without all the other technicians and
developers and support people... and the sales people who help businesses
see where they need to scale and what solutions meet their needs.

I would sure hate to say DBAs don't have a meaningful place in the world and
I don't want to get on their bad side... but I hate the repeated calls to
hyperbole, on a seemingly endlessly revolving basis of "who's the next class
of people to say we owe it all to."