[AccessD] Problem with .Net and Access

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Tue Oct 25 12:33:46 CDT 2011

Doug,

  Given that the strings are identical, a first guess would be permissions.
Make sure the Web server account and the other user both have full privs
(read, write, delete) for the DB directory.  Also that you don't have two
DB's in the directory with the same base name (ie. myApp.MDB and myApp.MDW).
If you do, the LDB file will end up with the same name in both cases and all
kinds of weird things will happen.  Finally, make sure it's not being virus
scanned at open.

 Those are all the usual culprits.

Jim.