[AccessD] Syncing Virtual Machines

Michael Bahr jedi at charm.net
Tue Oct 25 17:12:21 CDT 2011

> I did get all the VMs back, but this brought me to the question of how the
> pros migrate machines
> from server to server.  My SQL Server (Azul) has Windows 2008 with Hyper-V
> installed and I am
> wondering how to cause a VM to be kept synced on two servers so that it
> can just fire up and go when
> the usual VM server has to be brought down.  Hyper-V has an "export /
> import" but that takes a
> loooong time to perform.

I have used VirtualBox and VMWare Player/Workstation and these have an
option of "I have moved it" or "I have copied it".  So this means you can
either copy or move **all** the vm parts to another computer and then fire
up that mechines' VM device and tell it where the parts are.  If I
understand your question.

Mike...