[AccessD] Need Help With a Workgroup/Password

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Sun Oct 30 10:49:21 CDT 2011

In my system I have a permissions screen where the system owners (not IT)
can set up permissions for all the users (I'm not using the complex Access
user level security).  When someone is set up as a System Owner, they become
an Admin user, like I am.  This give them the ability to create new users by
adding their username to the User group, and in the background set up a
randomized one-time password which is emailed to the new user.

What I never expected was for one of the System Owners to uncheck me as a
System Owner, which removes me as an Admin user.  The System Owners are not
experienced Access users - they just do what the screen lets them do.  And
what it no longer lets them do is remove me as a System Owner.  Lesson
Learned!  ;-)

Dan