[AccessD] Wish List.

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Wed Sep 7 20:47:19 CDT 2011

Been doing a lot of work with forms. In particular single forms with a lot
of controls that are hidden or revealed depending on what options are
available.  I really wish MS were inspired by Adobe with how form design
behaves.  Why can't forms be layered?  So you can work on individual layers
which only have the relevant controls for that layer, but when the form is
displayed all layers are shown, just like an image in Photoshop for example.

That would be super useful as right now if I want to change anything on
first controls I added, I have to move all of the other controls on top out
of the way, make the changes, and then put them all back again.  A real
PITA.  Would be wonderful to turn on and off visibility on the layers and
then it would be easy to access any set of controls that are just on that
layer.

I know I can sort of fake this by using tabs, is this a better way or does
anyone has a different angle I can consider?

Cheers

Darryl.

Darryl Collins

Whittle Consulting Pty Ltd