[AccessD] freelancing job sites-Sisyphus Syndrome

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sat Sep 3 12:01:12 CDT 2011

Hi Mark:

" Strangely, there are no "discount" agencies....I wonder why ? "

Can you say m-o-n-o-p-o-l-y?

A lot of the problem is because there is not a group that stands for the
actual IT workers. There is no union, association, agency or guild that
works for the people that actually do the work.

All lawyers, doctors and architects belong to an association even most
restaurant workers. Even Ronald Regan was the president of the actor's guild
before the white house.

If the IT worker is going to stubbornly hold on to their "individual" status
there will always be many people willing to play one off against the other
and in the end few if any IT person will make any money.

The question is why should a person get a university degree only to be paid
the same as the senior fry-guy at McDonalds?

Enough said on this subject as we have an OT list for such philosophizing.

Jim