[AccessD] SQL Server advice

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 18:00:57 CDT 2011

On a year-old Windows 7 box with 4GB, my question concerns which tool to
use, the above ... or SQL Server 2008 R2 Express?  The downsides that I can
see of Express 2008 would be (a) another learning curve (b) the nagging
feeling that I remember something about these less-than-complete SQL Server
implementations that is not good - like inability to do important
development stuff that is available in the full-blown models.  This, iirc,
was true for one of MS's implementations, long ago.  The upside is that I
make the enormous leap into another century.  But wait, there's got to be
more (to both -ve and +ve).

Any feedback gratefully received.

=======I'd go with the more recent version of Express -- if you're already
familiar with SQL Server, it won't be significant.

Susan H.