[AccessD] Wish List.

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Thu Sep 8 01:57:21 CDT 2011

Hi Charlotte - forgive me for this as I really respect your opinion, but I
am not sure you understand how layers work in other applications - they
would never show up all at the same time (unless that is what you wanted).
You can control which ones are visible to the user - might be one, might be
several in different combinations and you can show and reveal based on what
the user needs.

Layers would also have the huge advantage of allowing you to edit each layer
individually in design mode.  So you have no need to move controls out of
the way to get to a control that is under another one.  Have play in
photoshop if you get the chance and you will see how useful this method is.
I know I can fake it using a tab form but the result is less elegant you
cannot hide the tab label itself and it is a pain to ensure all the controls
on each tab is aligned.  Blah blah, I have resorted to tabs in the past and
it is a clunky solution for what I am trying to do.

That said, sometimes tabbed forms are the way to go.  Just depends on what
you want to achieve.  In this instance I was thinking "Man, wish I had a
layered design view"...

Just my thoughts.
Cheers
Darryl.