[AccessD] Wish List.

Dan Waters df.waters at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 19:58:46 CDT 2011

I haven't completely read each post so maybe this has already been brought
up.

On your form, create a subform.  Now create a form to use in that subform,
with all the controls from one of your 'layers'.  Then create (start by
copying?) all the forms (as layers) that you'll want to use in the subform.
In your main form, write code to change the SourceObject property to the
name of whichever form you want to display depending on what your user needs
to do.  You might want to use Application.Echo False/True in code to
surround the switch from one form to the other to minimize screen flashing.

This separates out each group of controls onto its own easily editable
separate form, and gives your user a clean GUI which doesn't have the tabs
of a tab control.  I have used this and it works fine.

You can so the same thing with a subreport control on a report.

HTH,
Dan