[AccessD] OLE DB being retired

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 11 10:14:06 CDT 2011

I for one will not be happy to see OLE leaving. It is a very fast protocol
as all the encumbrances of the ODBC wrapper were removed. Matching ADO with
OLE was always fast and slick...a real dream to work with.

I do wonder why support for such an elegant designed product was removed?

Fortunately, desktop application have been slowly migrating to browser/web
bases designs and it disappearance will have little negative impact.

Jim