[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:19:40 CDT 2011

Thanks for this, Asger. But ultimately, it would be better to teach the
volunteers that there is a separate textbox for the Number and another for
the street.

And thinking down the road, it frequently happens that the fuling party gets
to re-draw the electoral map, moving this and that street into a block
guaranteed to win a legislative seat, and shunting the others into
NowwhereLand. All parties in Canada are guilty of this bad behaviour, so
it's impossible to side with any given one and claim the high road. They all
do it.

The ideal campaign-management software would easily accommodate this sad
reality, and make it simple to transfer streets x, y and z, and perhaps
street numbers t, u and v, to another riding, to correspond to the latest
dicta from the governing party. This would be way slick, and might even
prove a deterrent to mitigate such shenanigans: you re-draw the boundaries
and presto, one click and we've dealt with it!

There's a whole other ball of wax that we don't experience in Canada. I
believe the American term for it is "pork barrel". It means that a bunch of
stuff gets tacked on to an otherwise virgin bill.

I'm not a USA citizen or dweller but I do read the news, and from what I
have gleaned, the above is an accurate description of what happens.

I find it hilarious that about 90% of the populace in USA is against open
immigration policies, while virtually all of same are either first or
second-generation immigrants. There is a word for this kind of behavior, and
I don't mean "hypocrite", which is emotionally loaded. There is another word
for this behavior, and I challenge you to name it.

Arthur