[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 14 22:21:27 CDT 2011

Hi Arthur:

Fixing data is as hard as writing the program.

I would slowly extract the data and fix the data one pass at a time.
Checking to see that there is no weird results, after each pass...you might
have to go in and do some manual fixes, as there are always records that
defy any translators (and there is no point writing 100 lines of code to fix
10 records). Depending on the complexity of the data and your code, 3 to 5
passes is not unusual before a clean set of data can be obtained.

Many years ago, I wrote a "riding" application, which would put a
canvasser's data into the correct poll just from a poll's legal description.

If you need any assistance, I would be glad to help. I also have the
appropriate credentials, heritage and my official retirement is close at
hand. ;-) You can contact me off line, if you would like.

Jim