[AccessD] Numbers within a street

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 14 23:05:02 CDT 2011

It all depends on which areas you come from.

Some areas have some very stable populations, with many generations in one
place. OTOH, many of the super fast growing cities and areas like LA,
Vancouver, New York and Toronto are more than doubling in population in less
than 20 years. (For example Vancouver had about 1 million in 1980 and is
supposed to have over 3.5 million by 2020)

There is a lot of fun with sorting the new arrivals. Half the names you
cannot spell and other half you cannot pronounce. We have many East Indian
and Chinese emigrants, in our area. Many of the east Indians have their
title, like our equivalent of Mr. and Sir, embedded in the official name and
then the Chinese have both their Chinese name and their English name, all of
which can be extremely confusing. Then names do not signify inform you of
where a person is from; example both English and Chinese have a very common
last name of Lee...

Jim