[AccessD] Global Vars (was Ambiguous Name)

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:40:07 CDT 2011

> Drew Wutka:
> So, even if you wrap your global variables inside of a
> class, you are still scoping an instance of that class
> globally, which makes it a global variable...

My point exactly. The 'globals are bad' camp haven't explained how a code
wrapper that lets you change the value makes the global problem go away.

And yes, there are common situations in Access where you want changeable
global values.

The only advantage I see to the wrapper is that you get to set a breakpoint.
Little help when it fails in the field.

-Ken