[AccessD] OT: Excel Question

Darryl Collins darryl at whittleconsulting.com.au
Sun Sep 25 19:50:14 CDT 2011

Debbie,

If you are using XL2007, MS broke a lot of the macro recording functionality
for charting (and a few other areas) and not much is captured by the
recorder at all.  In XL2010 it is meant to be fixed again.  Indeed Charting
functionaly in XL2007 is less than stellar. It commonly behaves like it is
not fully operational, which is pretty accurate seeing it wasn't when MS
pushed XL2007 onto the world.  Of course you can fix most of these charting
issues by upgrading to XL2010 - great business plan really ;)

You can also have Access VBA call and run an code procedure in Excel from
Access. I use this a lot. Have the XL code in the XL template and just call
it to run from Access.

Cheers
Darryl.