[AccessD] MS Access with IIS

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Sep 26 12:31:08 CDT 2011

 I wasn't even aware that feature was in there, but it's hardly what one
would call transaction logging.  And again, as you said, it's through
macro's (and hence the UI and not at engine level).   Big yawn as far as I'm
concerned.  I've had a system log table since day one working with Access.
>From my viewpoint, it's just one more feature that doesn't need to be there.

<<And, by the way, that gives you insight into how MSFT is really moving
away
from VBA.>>

  And anybody that thinks their not is crazy, but it will be a very long
time in coming.  The big reason at present for the push to macros is the
ability to run Access apps with SharePoint.   And if you've seen where Win8
is heading and Metro apps, your not going to find VBA in there at all.

Jim.