[AccessD] Latest Outrage from Symantec

Jim Dettman jimdettman at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 15:54:55 CDT 2012

 Problem was, it was more then just registry changes.  Any restore point I
went to yielded a system that quickly re-loaded the rootkit and the viruses
(with in a matter of minutes).

 If I ran TDSKiller and ComboFix, I got a clean system, but explorer.exe
would not work (nor any program) and if I restarted, I had an un-bootable
system.

 I might have had better luck with just restoring the registry rather then
using a restore point, but after fooling with it for almost seven hours, I
figured enough was enough and wiped it.

 Like I said, it was a real nasty piece of work.  Worst I've ever seen.

Jim.