[AccessD] How to Use SQL Server Stored Procedure as a Rowsource for Listbox

Jim Hewson jm.hwsn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:56:45 CDT 2012

I'm lost!
Well actually that's my normal state usually.
I need help...

Everything I've done in the last 3 years has been in Access 2007.  I
haven't touched SQL Server at all for that long.

For a new requirement I need to run a stored procedure (SPROC) and populate
a list box.
The form has two combo boxes that will be the parameters that is passed to
the SPROC.
I have successfully (I think), opened the database, passed the
parameters and run the SPROC.
I can't figure out how to populate the list box.
I'm a pretty simple guy.  The code I got from SQL Server administrator is 8
pages long... several functions and a class.
That just seems too complicated for this.

The process I'm trying to do is:
Choose the parameters for the first SPROC
Execute the SPROC
Populate a list box.  -- this list box will be the parameter for the second
SPROC.

What is the simplest way to populate a list box?

Thanks,
Jim