[AccessD] Open Multiple Instances of a Form and passing aparameter

jwcolby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Tue Aug 7 09:14:54 CDT 2012

Goto

http://www.databaseadvisors.com/downloads.asp

Years ago I posted an example class for how to parse OpenArgs.  Of course once I am passing in
OpenArgs like this I (personally) wanted to be able to pass in arguments specifically destined for
writeable properties such as Caption, Locked, Visible, AllowEdits and so forth.  So my class (which
I actually use in my Framework) also can be told to check the openargs for a specific list of
properties and if the VarName is the same as any of the settable properties, then place VarValue
into that property.

So my example includes code to do that, however if you don't care about such functionality you can
ignore it or even strip it out.

Classes are not rocket science, and they allow us to write and debug blocks of functionality that
make sense and that we want to use over and over.

John W. Colby
Colby Consulting

Reality is what refuses to go away
when you do not believe in it