[AccessD] Open Multiple Instances of a Form and passing a parameter

Kenneth Ismert kismert at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 15:34:21 CDT 2012

> Dan Waters:
> To avoid the argument containing a delimiter character, I use the 'cents'
> character, which hasn't been on anyone's keyboard for many years.

Yes, that does make it slightly less likely that your delimiter will be
used.

But, I guarantee that if you put that code in a library for common use,
someone sooner rather than later will pass data to it with a 'cents'
character, and your code is toast.

It's a bug, pure and simple.

That is why all language parsers require you to quote delimiters inside a
string, like "" for VB or '' in SQL.

If you want to stuff parameters in strings with reliability, you have to
use library that properly quotes parameter values.

-Ken