[AccessD] Access 2007 rtf fields

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sun Aug 12 03:13:25 CDT 2012

Hi Doug

The "rich text" fields of A2007+ are not RichText (rtf) but HTML.

To use true rtf you'll have to use the RTF-control of A97-A2003 or VB.
This can, however, be hard obtain and license but it is possible.

/gustav

>>> dbdoug at gmail.com 11-08-12 20:42 >>>
Hello all:

Has anyone used rft fields in Access 2007?  Are the formats quite
limited compared to 'real' rtf, like Word uses?  In particular I would
like to format subscripts and superscripts.  I'm quite confused right
now.  Here's what I've found:

1. Inserting real rtf formatting codes like "{{\rtf1 This is some {\b
bold} text} doesn't work (either pasting direct or inserting with
VBA).  The field treats the formatting codes as text.
2. Inserting (some) html codes does work: "This is <b>bold
text</bold>" formats correctly. "This is supposed to be a
<sub>subscript</sub>" doesn't.
3. Copying and pasting rtf formatted code from Access 2007 to Word 2007 works.
4. Copying and pasting rtf formatted code from Word to Access works
only for the limited selection of formats shown in the Access
formatting toolbar, but not for subscripts etc.

Is is possible to use real rtf codes?
What's with the html formatting?  Is there a list somewhere of html
codes that work?

Thanks,
Doug